13 November 2012

Menswear-Inspired: Aztec Print Edition


Topshop men's button-up shirt, Witchery belt & trousers, Rubi shoes, Casio watch, Longchamp bag



I haven't slept a wink over 10 hours in the past two days. 

This is disturbing to me on a number of different levels because a) I need a lot of sleep to feel even remotely human, and b) a lack of sleep messes heavily with my outfit choices. 

Suddenly, I find myself gravitating towards baggy pants with stretchy waists (they must be reminiscent of pyjamas at any cost), and who cares what I toss on over that just as long as nobody can see my waistband is elastic. 

I suppose I'm just lucky I'm clocking in my work hours on an island, where nobody really cares what you're dressed in, just as long as you've put on clothes for the day. But on that note, it was nice of Past C to have decided to put me in a button-up shirt today, so thumbs up to her. 

... Man. It's amazing I can still sort of finish writing this post up without typos, but I trust Apple's pedantic need to correct everything you're typing. As long as there are no red, squiggly lines in sight, I'm totes going to hit the Publish button ... and here's hoping you will forgive me if I'm being incoherent.

18 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same if I don't get a minimum of 7 hours, but 8 - 9 is always best for me hehehe! And have to admit you're much more motivated in terms of styling than I am with little sleep

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sonia - we need just about the same number of hours asleep. 9 is optimal, but I usually scrape by on about 7 hours! ...and trust me.. this was one of my better days ...

      Delete
  2. aw sounds like you're in dire need of some shut-eye! hope you get to rest <3


    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sympathy Izzy - more shut-eye would be fantastic.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Marla! Digging around in the men's department has to be one of life's simple joys. Hahaha

      Delete
  4. YOU. LOOK. SEXY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shirt! And I get so cranky and confused and straight up weird if I don't get enough sleep. And I think I'm immune to coffee. Is that even possible?

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's totally possible to be immune to coffee - I've been there. It's a cruel, hard place to be in, when coffee doesn't work anymore ... very cruel. And I'm totally weird right now, which probably means I still haven't made up for lost sleep .... also ... I'm losing control of my grammar. I hope this reply makes sense.

      Delete
  6. I'm really into menswear and always love to add something masculine in my outfit! Great post! Thanks for visiting my blog and hope to see you again.

    www.wear2day.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cassandra, thanks for commenting back! I'm totally with you on this one .. menswear has to be one of the more comfortable looks a woman can rock. I hope this trend never goes away.. ever.

      Delete
  7. Love this outfit, the blouse is great!! This menswear inspired look looks amazing on you, I wish I could pull this off!

    X Saskia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Saskia! Thanks for the awesome feedback on my shirt, though I'm about a hundred percent certain you could do this trend better than I!

      Delete
  8. This rocks! I love menswear an the print ;)


    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment Miranda! It was awesome of you to check our blog out.

      Delete
  9. Totally know how it feels, I usually gear up in plain sweaters when this happens. Btw, great blog. Im so addicted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be able to toss on a sweater on blah-days! :( So amazing. And thanks for the comment, Sylvie!

      Delete