21 November 2012

SOS @ WEDDING DINNER

C Mintbean <c.mintbean@gmail.com> wrote:
8:23 PM (16 hours ago)

to S


Hello S,


I feel as if we haven't spoken in forever. How are you doing? How is Gossip Girl progressing? On second thought, I take that back, don't tell me what's happening with Gossip Girl :(:(:(

If you were wondering, I am currently in that soul-grinding Hell-hole otherwise known as a Bornean Chinese Wedding dinner. 

Not to go into too many details here, but thus far, dinner has involved the juggling of empty wine bottles (reasonably cool), a re-enactment of that Gangnam Style music video (OH GOD WHY!!), awkward pelvic thrusts from the hired dancers (super questionable) and foxtrot karaoke from the 60's ... ON A LOOP (slay me). 

... I'd love to go on, but as you know, my Blackberry is being an a-hole and refuses to authenticate my damn e-mail address, which means I can't send e-mails via the normal e-mail function. 

As such, loading Gmail on the browser of my dumb 2x1.5" screen means that each individual letter on here is roughly the size of a breadcrumb and I can't really see what I'm typing.

I hope I am making sense, because I feel like all this box wine has gone to my head. I mean, I'm pretty sure it has. Once you start questioning your own sobriety, I'm like 100% sure that means you're definitely NOT sober ... right?

....... I had to find a way to cope somehow.


Drunky-tonks,
C.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


S Mintbean <s.mintbean@gmail.com> wrote:
8:55 PM (16 hours ago)
to C


Ah, Tipsy C, it has been awhile!

I think Tipsy C is one of my favourite C's - along with Enabling C and Flood-S-with-cute-animal-videos C of course.

This wedding sounds superbly entertaining! (Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the current season of Gossip Girl *flings Sage off the Brooklyn bridge*). You seriously go to the best weddings - between Techno Santa Claus, Techno Chef and now gyrating karaoke-ing dance fiends you could probably write a a very detailed manual on what not (unless I am 1. in attendance and 2. I am not related to you by blood) to do at your wedding.

I, on the other hand, have be Click Frenzying - when I say I have been Click Frenzying I actually mean I have clicking the refresh button in a frenzied fashion. Turns out Australia's answer to Cyber Monday was a utter disappointment, much like a missed call from the President (I'd imagine this would be pretty upsetting) :( 

All frenzied-out,

S

PS: Get an iPhone.

PPS: Hows the food?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


C Mintbean <c.mintbean@gmail.com> wrote:
9:57 PM (15 hours ago)
to S


Hello S!!!

Tipsy C was in town like an hour ago. I am considerably drunker now. I would caps everything here as is Drunk C's way, but doing it on a Blackberry is far too time-consuming so you need to imagine all of this is being tapped out like my keypad is stuck on caps lock. 

Are you imagining it?

........................... good.

Oooooo .... you're right I should totally write a manual on what not to do for weddings!!! I mean, I've attended so many by now I'm pretty sure that means I am an expert. At least I think so..,.,.... No, I'm sure. I am definitely an expert.

God. Somebody should pay me to write about all my wedding-attending experiences - that would be like the world's awesomest and most pointless read ever. Then I'd be super famous with my own talk show and everything and people will know me as the Wedding Whisperer and then at the slightest whisper of my name people will go OMG, YOU MEAN THE QUEEN OF WEDDING PLANNING, SHE'S ALL MAGIC LIKE A UNICORN .... typing all that in caps really used up all my energy I really wish I could see what I am typing.

All this damn foxtrot karaoke is getting to me. I hate foxtrot music. 

That's going to be the first chapter in my manual: NO FOXTROT MUSIC!!!!!!! - with this many exclamation marks because it is imperative that people know this.



INSPIRED!!!
- C



PS. Clickfrenzy was a cruel example straight out of Murphy's Law. 

PPS. Food is pretty crap. :( 


Z6FPQJYNFJEZ

10 comments:

  1. LOL at all caps ENERGY USING :D :D


    Also, I hate it when my friend suddenly tells me what happens on Gossip Girl! That's why I always try to stay ahead :D


    Edita
    http://www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edita - sometimes, my curiousity is so great that it basically kicks me in the butt. Regret is usually swift and unrelenting ... followed by a bit of emotional eating (WHY DID I MAKE *insert poor friend's name here* TELL ME!!!) and a very long nap to recuperate from all the self-inflicted emotional trauma. :(

      C

      Delete
    2. C -
      My process goes the same way. But a nap's always good, right? :)


      Edita
      www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk

      Delete
    3. I can't argue with that, Edita! Naps are pretty much an essential part of my afternoons. HEH HEH.

      C

      Delete
  2. I forced myself to stop watching GG. It was a love/hate relationship and the hate part of it finally won. Have you noticed how it's addictive, but in a bad way?

    fashionedible.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its more hate/hate at this point to be honest. I'm glad there are only 4 episodes left - I feel like they ran out of stuff to write about 2 seasons ago .. BUT I CAN'T STOP WATCHING.

      Thanks for dropping by :)

      S

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. I do believe we are already following you on Bloglovin but thanks for dropping by.

      C

      Delete
  4. GG is so much addicting! cant stop watching it once i started xx

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mitha! I AGREE. GG is such a guilty pleasure of mine. Why does it have to end, WHYY.

      C

      Delete